Saturday, September 29, 2007

Yesterday Was Fruitful

I was just going to start this post with a bunch of photos of the things I made yesterday. Then I bothered to read the Blogger intro page and I found this: http://play.blogger.com/
If you click it you can see the images being posted to Blogger in real time. It just goes to show me how lame my photos are. Oh well, c'est la vie. Maybe next time around I'll come back as someone more interesting.

So now for the things I made:

The yarn I ordered came and it was better than I had hoped. I immediately started making the Marloes Sand Hat from Rowan Knitting and Crochet Magazine #40.
You can almost see the cable knitting on the front. I can tell from the photo that I'm going to have to adjust the tie thiniges. And probably my hairdo as well. I attached the pom poms today but that's only because I had to make a jig for my five centimeter pom pom maker so I could also make a seven centimeter pompom.

I also made a pear crisp with the pears from our tree out front. They all ripened at the same time. Isn't that just the way?

The photo could be a picture of a tuna noodle casserole from all you can see. It's pear crisp - really.

Today I started on this vest by Norah Gaughan. Mine is in this color:
which is called Beet Root. It's more purple in real life (at least more than it is on my screen) The pattern calls for US size 7 and 8 needles. As I am the loosest knitter on the planet I will be using sizes 4 and 6. Yes, I should be using 5 and 6 but I can't find a 5 and I don't want to either drive an hour to the nearest yarn store or wait five days for a 5 to come in the mail. Maybe I'll pay later but I'm trying to get away with it.

In Fay news, the wheelchair came.
In my fantasies I skipped a few steps about what would happen when the wheelchair arrived. I skipped the part where she has to get used to it and to build up her muscles and endurance to be able to use it well and enjoy it. Whoops.

It seems to me that it fits her perfectly and she doesn't mind being in it as long as I'm holding food in front of her face. She took to it right away in that she seemed not to notice she was in it at first. But she doesn't like going up hill and if I haven't got any food she has a tendency to go backwards. She likes it better in the house. I bet when we get back to Brookline I'll have to hold her back on the sidewalks.

No comments: