Sunday, September 30, 2007

Procrastinatory Post

I wish I were knitting right now but I'm about to start working on a website update instead. Yeah, after I post this.

Today I ate two banana flavored Twinkies. They come in a pack of two after all. I don't think I've had a Twinkie in twenty years. They've never been my favorites, even as a kid. Probably because they don't have any chocolate in them.

There's nothing like grunting "ugh"with distaste then stuffing the last bite of your second Twinkie into your mouth and still not being sorry about it. A strange pleasure.

I read that the original Twinkies were banana flavored until the banana shortage of the 1930's when they had to go vanilla (I could easily have the date wrong - but the song "Yes, We Have No Bananas" was from that period) How could I not try the closest approximation available to the original Twinkie?

No comments: