Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Morning Pie


I was in a bad mood yesterday so I made this pie. It's pumpkin caramel from Dorrie Greenspan's book, Baking: From My Home to Yours. It was very easy and quick to make since I used a store-bought crust (a nice, deep dish one) It's also damn good.

The key is that you make your own dark caramel sauce to add to the filling. It's an extra step but it's fun and it doesn't take too long. You just heat sugar in a non-stick pan on the stove until the sugar melts and turns dark brown. Then add heavy cream, butter and rum and cook it a little longer. The pumpkin filling is just canned pumpkin beaten with some seasonings and eggs. Easy peasy. Make this pie!

I think I felt better after I made the pie. Today is a new day to be in a bad mood though.

What an attitude! Some people!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What if I drive up and just eat some of yours?