Monday, September 17, 2007

Posting Under the Influence?

I'm gorging on potato chips and gin. Well, potato chips at least. I have a big gin and tonic. Only one, so far...

Pete, Fay and I are in Amagansett at my parents' beach house. After wrestling with some very unruly toilets today, Pete and I went to the beach. I actually went swimming too. It's pretty windy, kind of rough and not that warm so I wasn't in long. I'm glad I went though.

After a day at the beach there's nothing like a gin and tonic in the back yard.

We've been really lucky with the weather. Long Island can be rainy. We've had, dare I say it, September Eleventh weather. Couldn't be more beautiful.

Maybe that's why I have this ominous feeling. We're having a really nice time and I think we should relish it.

Fay's latest treatment has not gone very well. Despite the ten milligrams daily of prednisone (her regular dosage) and the Cytosar, Lomustine, and Cyclosporine she's on she's still getting worse. If the prednisone doesn't even work anymore I don't know what's going to work. It's not looking good. With all these drugs she's on she doesn't feel all that well either.

I'm hoping to talk to the neurologist tomorrow and maybe get a better idea of how the next couple of months could go.

But for now, we're enjoying a lovely long weekend at the beach and eating other peoples' cooking.

I made my own gin and tonic though.

P.S. - There's a really good special on Pink Floyd on VH1 right now. Drama drama drama! David Gilmour can still really rock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.