Friday, May 29, 2009

Some People Have Organized Brains

Okay so you know how I said a few posts ago that we'd sold our house?  Well my friends, that was an excellent example of counting one's chickens before they hatch.  A couple of offers have fallen through since that post.  The house goes back on the market tonight.

I did set foot in my studio today.  I watered the cacti.  They seem to like Vermont.  Maybe someday I'll have time to make something in there again.

In the mean-time it's back to Brookline to scrape and paint some old water damage and pimp the house some more.

I'm going to try to move into the Cambridge apartment on Sunday.  Anybody know some strapping young guy who can help me move our bed?  MMRROWRRRR!!!  Pete's going out of town on Sunday so he can't help me.

I've also got to move my favorite plants from the Brookline garden to the VT garden.  We'll see how that goes.

I think I might be losing my mind.  I'm being bombarded by logistics.  Beats garbage - or bullets.

Dad's still in the hospital though he called me a couple of days ago.  Pete and I were at Ikea, each having the smoked salmon plate in the cafeteria.  The cafeteria is the only place in Ikea with cell phone reception.  It was nice to talk to Dad - it made me feel a little better.  I don't know if it made him feel any better, which would be the more important thing.

Pete and I spent the first day at Ikea trying to figure out which bookshelves we should get.   The next morning we got some graph paper and did a drawing of what we wanted.  Then we spent the rest of the day trying to find the components in the Ikea warehouse.  We were partially successful.  We even found a couch we like (but only in the showroom - not in the warehouse)  This means that there is at least one more smoked salmon plate in each of our near futures.

I have to say I really enjoyed those two Ikea days.  It was kind of fun to have something so simple to concentrate on.  I'm also good at space so I enjoyed figuring out the bookcase conformation and doing the scale drawing.

Okay, I'm off to pack up the car.  Maybe I'll stop at Agway and see if they have any astilbes I can swap my peonies and roses out for.

No comments: