Sunday, March 2, 2008

What a Day

My plan had been to take a day off and have a spa day, read a book, knit a little. It didn't end up going that way.

First I had a feminist incident brought on by an idiotic article in the Washington Post. I don't really understand why they published it. I've never been so shocked at something I was reading in my entire life. Poor reasoning and frivolous comments peppered with pronouncements like "Depressing as it is, several of the supposed misogynist myths about female inferiority have been proven true." A minority of people who commented thought the rest of us should "lighten up" and "enjoy the humor" of the piece. A napalm bomb in a clown nose is still a napalm bomb. I can just imagine the e-mail forwards I'm going to get now about how science has proven that women are stupider than men, citing "expert" Charlotte Allen and her article from the Washington Post.

Moving on, I found zazzle.com, a website that allows you to design things and have them made on demand and shipped overnight. I've had a some ideas for things l'd like to mass produce lately so I started cranking out some designs just for ha has. Now I have a Zazzle store and you can see my first products at the bottom of this page. I could get into serious trouble with this and spend WAY too much time on the computer. Like I am now.

1 comment:

lizkdc said...

1) cool "People are weird" shirt in your store. 2) Charlotte Allen: "How do I know women are stupid? Because I am."

2) is example of 1) !!