Monday, March 24, 2008

What, Exactly, Is That Stuff?


Some of that stuff to the right of the Hancock Tower turns out to be the Logan Airport runways and the ocean. Mom and Dad were really happy to find out they had an ocean view.

I'm guessing they're almost halfway through their flight back to San Diego. Fay and I really enjoyed their visit. Fay is also really going to enjoy the left over osso bucco Dad saved for her. She doesn't know about that yet.

Mom and Dad did end up leaving their hotel/mall building and came to our house to see Fay a couple of times. Every time we drove back along Huntington Avenue to the Westin we'd go under a glassed-in pedestrian walkway. It runs over Huntington and connects the Prudential Mall to the Copley Mall. We'd watch from our car at the traffic light as the Anime conventioneers would pass by overhead. They were easy to spot in their brightly colored wigs, cloaks and princess outfits or with their seven-foot-tall cardboard knives or crucifixes.

Last night the pedestrians were again pedestrian. We were all sad the Anime convention was over. I wish people dressed like that all the time.

By the way, if you ever need to go to a food orgy - sorry, I mean brunch - in the Boston area I highly recommend the one at Turner Fisheries in Copley Square. Wow that was good. They have a fantastic pastry chef there too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I finally am able to read your blog. I have been trying for days... with a connection problem.

I like the idea of people in costumes on a regular basis. I mean, why NOT?

Lets start with the Today Show and the Weather Channel, (not that I watch them, but... I like the idea). How about REQUIRING costumes, at least once a week.

Also, it would help to invent more costume holidays. Lets see if we can kick off the "Halloween its not just for October anymore" campaign.

Dress as you feel day? Dress as your favorite animal day?

Why not. I like it.

lizkdc said...

Hey, you were at Turner Fisheries in the Westin and my brother works there. Meaningless connection!