Friday, August 31, 2007

Too Much Fun

I got myself a Nintendo DS Lite at Target yesterday. I also got the game "Big Brain Academy." It's too much fun!!!!! It was a bit of a spree in fact: I got as many "build your brainpower" games as they had. Using my newly sharpened math skills, that adds up to three: Big Brain Academy, Brain Age and Brain Age 2 . And I had to get the "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" game too. So far I can't stop playing B.B.A. long enough to try anything else.

To be honest I'm intimidated to try the Harry Potter one. It's too much like a real game that actual kids play who are good at that kind of thing. I'm afraid I won't get it and I'll just die all the time. My DS Lite is recharging at the moment but once it's back in black I'll screw up my courage and try H.P. According to "Dr. Lobe" I have the brain of an architect so I should be able to handle a game for kids. I hope.

My brother got the system for my dad for his birthday this year. He gave dad "Brain Age." I tried dad's Brain Age and so far I like Big Brain Academy better. The illustrations are hilarious. Sometimes they grin at you or do a dance and it wrecks your concentration. Sometime's they're just so genius that all I want to do is look at them - but that would wreck my score!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I tried to play Pokemon for Gameboy back in 1999. I couldn't figure it out. I felt really stupid because nine year olds could play it and I couldn't. At least I managed to keep my Tamagotchi alive. Most of the time.

sarah and christian said...

i miss mario bros from the original nintendo. jake and my cousins have a wee (sp?). sounds like fun. might invest in dance dance revolution.....

ps - i believe the wee may be part of thanksgiving entertainment...fyi.