Saturday, August 18, 2007

My New Skill


Today I learned how to give my dog an injection. I practiced with a syringe full of water. Tonight (and every twelve hours for the next two days, four times total) I'll be injecting her with Cytarabine, which you can see ready and waiting in the alarming looking plastic bag on the left. Well, at least you can see the plastic bag if not make out the pre-loaded syringes.

She's also come down with some lovely looking hot spots which will be treated twice a day with the spray on the left side of the photo and with the antibiotics shown in the upper right corner of the photo. Below the antibiotics is her trusty bottle of Prednisone which we are weaning her from. I know she won't miss it though she does enjoy the gob of peanut butter her daily doses come in. I think her new antibiotics are meat flavored. Maybe that will make up for the loss. Who am I kidding? She'll be on Pred for a few more months at least.

I know that things could be a lot worse with her and that other dogs, people, pets are on more and more serious medications. But that bag was so eye-catching I just had to photograph it.

No comments: