Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bleh-EEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

That blood-curdling shriek you just heard along with everyone else in the world was me. Sorry. I couldn't help it. It's disgustingly hot and humid in VT today so I'm wearing extra wide-leg shorts. Not so flattering but comfortable. A certain enormous grasshopper thought they looked pretty comfortable too. It tried them on for size while I was going down the walkway to the house just now. Yes, a big, huge grasshopper up my shorts. Shriek. Couldn't help it. Sorry.

At last I'm having good, fruitful, painless days in my studio. Whew. It's been a long long time since that happened. I hope I can keep that ball rolling.

On the knitting front there are too many patterns and yarns that I want to try. Rowan Mag 42 has some nice things - and some ridiculous things. I like the looks of their new yarn, Cocoon, but I wish it came in a lovely plum or wine color. It only comes in shades of green and oatmeal. The Highlander section has some nice colorwork in it but the shapes of the sweaters don't appeal to me or else they look really tedious and/or expensive to make.

Then there are the Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting issues that I have stacked up and the ball of Koigu Kersti I bought, the last of its dye lot, that is the most beautiful color I'll probably never see anything like again.

I guess this all boils down to me having elements of things I want to make without anything coming together into one pattern that I can actually execute. I may have to take all my elements and think up something good to do with them on my own.

In the mean time I'm almost finished with my second Clapotis from Knitty.com and I'm working on a silk scarf made with Tilli Thomas Disco Lights (mine's a pale seafoam green) which I'm working in a fish-scale lace pattern.

I will now end this post with a photo of my favorite thing that I made yesterday:

No comments: