Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hey, Where Am I And What Am I Doing In This Handbasket?

I got that title from a "Far Side" cartoon.

Two days after my last post I was on a plane to Vegas. Not for fun unfortunately. My parents were visitng my brother there when my dad had a heart attack. When I got to town Dad was in the middle of a triple-bypass. A few hours later we met with the surgeon who said the proceedure had gone beautifully and things were looking good.

The surgery went well but the recovery is having some problems. Dad's still in the hospital and Mom's still in Vegas. They'll be there for at least another week and a half. It's making me nervous.

Meanwhile, Fay's disease is progressing. She's not drastically worse but she is worse.

We're at my parents' beach house in Long Island now. The plan was (back in early June) that Mom and Dad would be here too. It's not as fun without them and knowing where they are and what they're doing. Also, since no one has been here since Pete, Marc and I in November, things are a bit entropic here. Pete and I are working on it though.

2 comments:

Hope said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all of the health problems around you. :(

Marilyn said...

Sending virtual hugs to you, your dad, and Fay. Hang in there, Mel.