Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hot Again

I want to be doing some baking but it's WAY too hot for it in Brookline. Instead I made a pan of Rice Krispie Treats.

Recently I thought that I could eat an entire pan of the things all by myself. I tried and it turns out that I can't.

Here are some books that I got recently that I'm really excited about:

Exotic marshmallow recipes:


Exotic dessert recipes:


Exotic hotels:


How to draw Manga:


What one's body language can tell an observer:


Like how I took Amazon.com's images? I guess I'll make a special effort to link them to the pages on the Amazon site.

This group looks to me like a new direction for work in my studio. Why paint marshmallows when you can make marshmallows? I have made marshmallows before but this book really ups the ante on them. There are also certain elements of mayhem, lust and greed to these selections. We'll see in time where this all goes.

In other news, Dad's getting out of the hospital tomorrow morning. Yay! Mom and Dad are staying at a Las Vegas Marriott for a while so he can build up the strength to fly back to California. Thanks everyone who sent us good wishes - whether you told me about it or not.

Fay and I spent two deliciously air-conditioned hours at the vet today. She got some tests, some new meds and some treats. I paid a big bill and accidentally sprayed the vet with cytarabine. Cytarabine is the drug that Fay gets as a shot and that comes in this lovely yellow bag:

Just what you want to spray on someone whose hands control the fate of a loved-one. The vet was really nice about it though. Lordy!

Hi Sarah!!!!!

1 comment:

sarah and christian said...

hiii!!! late night viewing your blog. and i have to tell you i feel so important! poor fay. your mom told me its not so good. boo.
hope you and pete are well. and staying coooool. the bloody sun is STRONG this summer.