Wednesday, June 4, 2008

PotLuckCon '08

We're off to New Orleans tomorrow for PotLuckCon, the continuation of TapeOpCon.

I was just looking at the web page for the Sheraton where the conference will be held this year. It's a little daunting. Just a little. We used to stay at the Fairmont a few blocks up Canal Street during the pre-Katrina Tape Op days. It's not in operation now. That place had character to spare. I believe I will miss it. I hope the Sheraton's not too corporate in comparison.

If any of the old bars near the Fairmont are still there I'm sure they'll get some Pot Luck business. The Piccadilly Pub, for instance. And the tiny little hole-in-the-wall bar that was attached to the tiny little hole-in-the-wall hotel next to the Fairmont. I forget what it's name was - either of them.

I managed to swing some antibiotics for Fay today. That was a relief. Now I don't have to worry that she might have an untreated UTI. I just have to worry that she doesn't have a UTI and I'm giving her unnecessary antibiotics. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Well, I'd better go finish packing since it's almost midnight and our flight leaves at 8 AM. Classic me.

No comments: