Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Use A Super Power

After seven years I think I've twigged to the reason I find running so meditative: when I run I concentrate heavily on my breathing and I use the yoga breath I learned from Alan Finger on my Yoga Zone video.

The tensest moment from today's run was when I came out of a cross street. Converging on me from one direction was a pregnant woman with her husband pushing a stroller. From the other a woman with a double-wide stroller. There was oncoming traffic in both directions in the street. Using the time-shifting abilities I got on Facebook I let the traffic pass then whisked myself accross the street to an empty sidewalk. It was tight. I don't know how the two families got past each other. I didn't hear a crash though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post. It is somewhere between Warner Brothers and technicolor, new-age-self-help, with a heavy dash of Super-Mel, (the movie).

I see a cape and very orange hair. Definitely some purple tights and boots. Cool boots, (of course), but ones you can run and spring to flight in. Maybe with bionic wedges and platinum detail.