Friday, May 16, 2008

Less Disgruntled

I had a decent studio day today and the gears of the old brain are starting to turn in a more favorable manner. It's always just a matter of time. Keep going, plough through the blahs (and the AUUGHHH!s) make, think, make, it'll resolve. I'm not saying I'm there yet, I'm saying that this is what always happens.

I made some chai latte cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World and like the other cupcakes I've made from the book that contain yogurt, they fell. Unlike the other kind (I forget which they were) these have a sifted powdered sugar topping. I have no pouf of buttercream frosting to hide behind! Here they are in their fallen glory:



They are delicious though, also like the other cupcakes I've made from that book.

I thought I'd bring them over to the barn tonight where the band Starboard Silent Side is recording with Bruno Green, their producer. They've invited me to barbeque with them. I'm too shy to go empty handed by myself (Pete's in Boston till Sunday) so I'll bring my sunken cupcakes!

On the Fay front, it's five more days of double pred. Whee!!! Or do I mean wee? I mean wee.

No comments: