Friday, February 1, 2008

A Nice Break

You probably don't want to hear about it but Pete and I have managed to shirk all of our responsibilities for a few days and we've gone down to Florida to visit his parents.

Usually when I go to Florida the weather turns and there's a cold snap or lots of rain. Not this time. It's perfect. 77 degrees and mostly sunny.

Yesterday we had lunch on the beach with Pete's Mom. Dolphins frolicked in the Indian River just yards from our table at dinner last night. This morning Pete and I each hit a bucket of balls at the local driving range/second-hand store.

We left Fay at home with a really nice dog-sitter (Thanks Michaela K!) so I can even sleep through the night without having to take "anyone" out.

But it's all over today. In an hour or so Pete and I will head off in the rental car over to the Orlando airport. The weather back in Boston is rainy (sleety? Who knows?) and high thirties. I can't complain. I had a nice break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are having FUN and watching dolphins frolic. That sounds like just the recipe on a day filled with sleet, snow and freezing rain in VT, (temp is 24 degrees).

Hey, your dog sitter is named Michaela too. I did not know that.