Monday, February 4, 2008

Doom and Cupcakes

Here's one thing I haven't been missing: my overdeveloped sense of impending doom.

I had, in fact, forgotten all about it until I had a mini flash of it last Friday. I was heading out the side door of my in-laws' garage with Pete to go to the driving range. For some reason coming out of the dim garage into the warm Florida sun, looking at the cement paver in the grass and smelling the change from the garage smell to the outdoor smell brought on a mini bolt of doom.

It didn't stick but it did remind me that there are times when that sense of doom is a constant companion. I sure wish I could figure out what's keeping it at bay. I'd like to do more of whatever that is.

Also, I made vegan cupcakes last night. Gingerbread with lemon cream cheese frosting (soy cream cheese) and Red Velvet. They were out of control. The verdict: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World is an excellent cookbook.

I had never tried soy yogurt or soy cream cheese before. They're okay. I don't think I'd eat them plain though. In cupcakes they're divine.

No comments: