Today's gardening was done in street clothes and flip flops because my entire body ached and I didn't want to get too serious. I pruned the roses, cut back the physocarpus and planted the new viburnum.
Of course the area in which I planted the new viburnum will need to be thoroughly weeded in the next coming weeks. I thought it and I could wait until after the mulch arrives.
I'm still a little scared about the butterfly bushes. I'm also afraid that the place I've chosen for the irises will be too wet or too weedy for them. I will do my best. If it starts looking bad I'll just move them.
In other making news, I got fed-up and started a new Noro sock. Just one at a time this time.
I'm still working on these knee socks. They live in Cambridge and are what I knit when I'm there. I'm making good progress on this - the back and sleeves are done and I'm just starting on the right front. I just wanted to add a little, fun project so I started a simple sock. The plan is to eventually finish a pair.