Friday, October 2, 2009

No Drama

Last night I made us agedashi dofu for dinner. I really wish I had some now! I think katsuo-bushi (a.k.a. dried bonito flakes) would be harder to give up than bacon if I were to go hardcore vegetarian.

In other news I got my workout space back in our barn!

Last week I was able to go to Ikea and pick up some Ivar shelving. I LOVE those things. Instant, no drama storage. Most of the boxes from our move that we piled into my workout space were full of books and records. Pete took the records and I cranked on the books. Now I can get my blood flowing again!

In a way the whole house-selling, moving ordeal was easier than what I normally do. I didn't have to figure much out - it was pretty obvious what needed to be done. There was no wondering if what I was doing was going to fail or not (I know the way to the Goodwill drop off trailer). I didn't have to worry about if what I was doing was worthwhile. I just had to put my head down and get through it all.

Clearly though I need the mental challenges of art making. My brain works so much better when it's challenged. Even my failures feel more rewarding than filling up boxes and loading them on a truck does. Even if I can't explain the value of what I do each day to other people doing it still feels better to me than some things which are more obviously productive.

No comments: