Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bird Sounds

One of the things I like the most about Vermont is listening to the birds.  I get particularly excited about the owls and the ravens.  Yeah, they don't make the prettiest sounds.  I just think it's so cool that we have owls and ravens to listen to.  

The owls were active last night and we've been hearing (and seeing) ravens almost every day for the last several months. 

The chickadees are always entertaining.  I also love to hear the phoebes.  In case you don't know, phoebes actually chirp out fee-bee!  It's very charming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how many more bird sounds there are this month, compared to last. I feel hopeful, with the days getting longer and all the signs of life. Today's rain is such a welcome relief from the bitter cold and the snow. Have you noticed all the color-rush in branches... in the willows and dogwood... even in the maples. The lilac buds are swelling, and the viburnum is tempting fate by the wall. And, a sure sign of spring, I noticed that my neighbor put up his sap lines a couple of weeks ago.