Sunday, August 24, 2008

Two Week Overview

I guess I kinda dropped the blogging ball, huh? Probably because I seem to be brainless these days. So here's some of what I've been doing in list form:

Developed a mania for anything Japanese
- cute beer bottle from last post
- Manga (Sugar Sugar Rune and xxxHolic mostly but I'm not even that picky. I even like the tripey romantic vampire ones)
- learned to make age dashi dofu (one of my favorite dishes) and onigiri
- got some "teach yourself Japanese" cds. I've listened to the first ten minutes about twenty times.
- tried some sparkling sake a couple of days ago. It's a little too sweet for me.

Knitting
- some cabled fingerless mitts that I'm making up as I go along
- a new sculptural plate project (more on that much later)

Waiting for my brain to return to work

Playing video games
- Izuna 2 (fun!)
- wii (just the games that come with the machine and the second controller)
- making mii's (the most fun thing to do with the wii so far. I should probably branch out)
- wishing they had a "My Japanese Coach" on DS - wait - I'll just look on Amazon... There's one coming out on September 23! Yay!

Bought these fa-reakin' awesome boots:

They're very Sugar Sugar Rune.

Became obsessed with nail decals (made in Japan!) and how to use them in my artwork

Made Cookies and Cream cupcakes:


Tried Miracle Berry Fruit Tablets made of the fruit that makes sour things taste sweet. They really do work. It works best with fruit though. Limes taste sweet and delicious but they still make your mouth go all squinchy. I guess your body knows something your brain missed. Vinegar tastes sweet and gross. Some things just shouldn't be sweet.

Pete and I went to see the Radiohead show back on August 13 at the Comcast center. It had been six years since I'd been to a giant show like that. Now I remember why. Radiohead were very good of course and the light show was really impressive, but by golly if you want to feel like a faceless nothing then go to one of those giant shows. I may be a faceless nothing but I don't like to feel like it. I think I'll stick to the smaller venues from now on.

The weather has been gorgeous so I can't complain about that. Fay's digestion has mostly settled down too so there's some progress in that area.

I had girls' night with my friend Michaela last night. She told me she thinks I should start a "Factory" like Andy Warhol because I have too many ideas for one person to execute by herself. I think that would be great. I'm not sure how I'd pay for it. I guess I'd have to work on my mystique too so I could attract acolytes who are willing to do as I say for cheap. And I'd probably have to move back to the city where there are people.

No comments: