Monday, January 7, 2008

Vast Rushes of Affection

I'm very lovey these days.

It all started back in November. In November it was almost like I was high or something. I don't remember ever being in such a good mood for such a long stretch of time. I was only cranky for half of one day that month. That NEVER happens.

Ever since then I've been feeling vast rushes of affection for people I know (like the Lafler-Tans) people I've had slight interactions with and don't really know (like Steve Albini) complete strangers (like Walter Cronkite) and large groups of people (like Tape Op-ers) Also for places like The Whaling Bar at La Valencia Hotel in La Jolla and The Void, the seething chaotic stew that we all live in despite the fact that most of us try not to think about it that way. You'll have to link to that one yourself.

It's such a lovely feeling. I don't know where it comes from. It's not like my life has changed for the better in any way that I can see. The biggest change in my life these days is Fay's serious illness. You wouldn't think that would produce a fountain of joy.

Maybe this will make up for all those times that I've been depressed for no apparent reason. This is MUCH better. Maybe I can work it so that I get this instead. Check back in the Spring to see how that goes. Spring and my moods don't usually get along.

No comments: