Thursday, January 10, 2008

I May Have Problems

Argh! My track-pad's crapping out on me!

Here are some things I want to make:

1. Chocolate chocolate cupcakes - I don't have a photo.

2. This sweater:

HipKnits Angelica Pattern by Stefanie Japel using these yarns:

Tilli Tomas Soie de la Mer, which is made with SeaCell, a kelp fiber which is supposed to be good for your skin somehow (might be scary though) and
Tilli Tomas Rock Star for the trim around the keyhole front and maybe the sleeves, kind of like they did in:

3. This sweater:

Stitch Diva Sahara. Which I want to make as pictured. And while I'm at it can I look like her in it?

4. The Hand Maiden Origami Jane sweater:

That would look nice in green I think.

And
5. these socks:
In Noro Kureon yarn. Other colors would also be acceptable.

Ooh, maybe Origami Jane would look nice in some self-striping Noro yarn too! Probably.

In the mean-time I'm still working on the Kaino vest and I owe Pete some socks made with special edition "Candy Corn" yarn and I told Marc I'd make him a hat with a pom-pom so he could use it this winter. The hat's not a problem. I can make that quickly. I just want to get to a brick-and-mortar yarn store to choose the yarn which is slightly a problem since there aren't many of those close to me.

Never mind that there are about a million other things I'm supposed to be working on in other areas of my life.

I would like time to have expandable pockets. I could go into a time pocket and work on a project then come out and make lunch. After lunch I could go into another pocket and read a book, then come out and work in my studio. Next pocket, work on a knitting project. Next pocket, another knitting project. I also want a pocket for exercise in the morning. In each pocket time would expand to accommodate what I wanted to get done. When I came out regular time would resume. There'd still be twenty-four hours in a day, I'd just have more time to do the stuff I want to do and nothing would take away from anything else. Also, in my fantasy land of time pockets I wouldn't get tired or hungry. Maybe there would be nap pockets and snack pockets.

Then there's the money pocket. That should be bottomless. A nice, steady supply of money to support my shoe, knitting and travel habits.

Organizing my actual life is not an option.

Another problem I may have is that it got dark while I was composing this. The dog is at my feet somewhere but I can't see her and I don't want to kick her when I get up to find a lightswitch. Whoops. Good luck to us both.

1 comment:

lizkdc said...

Your proposed world of pockets has maximum awesomeness.