Tuesday, November 19, 2013

An Eddy of a Day

Yesterday was a normal day, except that I had no commitments after work so I took my time going home. I poked around Harvard Square. I finally found myself a pair of new winter pants. Ate dinner at home, made a stick and watched an "X-Files" and a "Poirot." It was a good day and I was pretty pleased with myself.

This morning I woke up with some kind of stomach bug. It really nailed me. Or something nailed me. Bug plus grief plus just moving to fast and too much lately? I can't explain it. I slept all day. I'm still feeling tired.

There are a bunch of things I need to do around the apartment but I didn't do anything. I just slept and thought. Don't think I settled or resolved anything. It was nice to have time to think.

I managed to eat part of a piece of toast, part of an apple and some buttered noodles and drink some water. Not much fuel for tomorrow, I'm afraid. I'm expecting tomorrow to be normal again and I'll need to function.

I hope I wake up tomorrow with fresh wind in my sails. That happens sometimes. I could use it tomorrow. 

I'd like to be able to think of something good to do with myself after this stick show is over. Maybe I'll just draw a lot.

1 comment:

Hope said...

Stomach virii are the absolute *worst.* I hope you're on the mend!