Sunday, March 14, 2010

Here's My Breakfast


I'm in Vegas.

Pete and I are staying at Treasure Island. It smells funny. I think it's some branding gimmick where they have a signature scent that permeates the place. It's not bad exactly, just kind of cheap-o. The waffles and the bun are fantastic though (there's a Vietnamese section in the coffee shop - who knew?).

The awful top forty music is inescapeable. Good thing I brought my ear plugs. I will wear them by the pool later.

Last night the place was swarming with partially sequined and spandexed women. Everyone is wearing the same five-inch black stiletto platform shoes - tedious. It's kind of funny to see what people do. "I'm going to Vegas! Time to get out the whorewear!" There's less of it this morning but it's still there.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining in any way. I love it. It's all so interesting and everyone seems to be having a really fun time. That's what we're here for. So whatever makes it work for you.

And now, off to the pool!

No comments: