Saturday, November 17, 2007

Oh No! I Sat Down!

Michaela and I finally had time to garden today. Pete and I had a a big pile of mulch in our driveway (in VT) that needed to be moved before it snows enough for the plow to come. Our job today (Michaela and mine) was to move the pile.

The wheelbarrow and the mower both had flat tires and the string trimmer was out of string but we prevailed anyway. She hauled the whole mulch pile load by load around the garden on a tarp. I yanked out piles and piles of enormous weeds. The voles helped me quite a bit by tunneling very thoroughly under everything I was trying to rip out. Thanks voles!

We covered ground. Who needs smelly power tools? Michaela said that she'd earned her dessert tonight. I think she earned three. If I'd taken a before photo you could see what kind of bulk she moved. Didn't.

It was cold and sunny today - it snowed a little yesterday - and a great day to be working outside.

Fay kept us company for quite a while in her wheelchair. She didn't move around all that much but she seemed to enjoy herself. Now she's napping. I haven't noticed any difference in her since yesterday's pred bomb (except she seems to be a little weaker still in the hindquarters) I guess I'm glad we upped the dosage so far (as long as we can avoid bloody diarrhea and kidney failure) and I hope it works soon.

So if I get out of this chair in time I might muster the energy to make a tarte tatin. I'll need to pick a few more apples off the trees in the upper meadow. I'm lucky there are still some up there.

Alright - I'm off.

No comments: