Monday, November 12, 2007

JOLT, shock, startle, impel, stir, spur, prod, urge...

Today I made this ad for the Plough & Stars, a restaurant/bar in Cambridge MA. I used the Mac application Pages plus some Photoshop for sizing.

I wish I could go to the event. I love whiskey. Plus the food there is excellent and the people are great. If you're in the Cambridge area give it a shot. If you read the Phoenix, hopefully you will see this ad in the issue that comes out this Thursday. Hopefully it will look wicked pissah (as we say in Boston - it means "good")

In other news we're back in VT. I had been gone a little over a week. When we got back we found that the mice had had several orgies in our absence. My evening was spent bleaching the kitchen. Woo-hoo! I even found mouse poop on my sports bra which I had left drying on the top level of the laundry drying rack. Nice! No food there that I'm aware of. That's a puzzle.

Tomorrow I hope to get back into my studio for some no-holds-barred experimentation. Perhaps I should galvanize myself with an "I'm going to wreck every G.D. thing I've been working on for months and then wrest it all from the jaws of failure at the last minute" attitude.

Galvanize. What a great word. Here's what my thesaurus widget says:
That's a screen shot unfortunately. Hard to read.

I want a t-shirt that says all that. Well, not the part about "the reverend's words..." or the shot in the arm.

No comments: