Thursday, March 26, 2009

When Can I Go Back?

I had a blast in Vegas.  

I got to dress up and look hot, wear makeup and heels and my nice outfits.  The girls were great company and I think everybody (except maybe Katy who is finishing up her thesis) had a great time.

We did a little boozing, a little gambling and some raucous belting-out of crappy '80's songs.  I did a TON of people watching which is my very favorite thing to do in Vegas.  

It was so nice to be somewhere that doesn't require long underwear and a hat.

That was the most fun I've had in a long, long time.

I had heard that the economy had made Vegas into a ghost town.  This is not true.  Everything looked pretty normal to me.  The cabby who gave me a ride to the airport said St. Patrick's Day weekend (which he thought was an Eastern Orthodox holiday - I'm not sure where he was from originally) was off the hook as usual. 

Another good thing about travel, especially if you live in the Boston area, is that it reminds you that people in other parts of the country are nice.  People in other parts of the country say "please" and "thank you" and "excuse me" and they wait their turn.  They even smile from time to time.  Refreshing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The New Englanders probably came up with the term "Sin City".... you know, it being a fun place and all.

Can I leave this cold, rude place now ?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.