I've been making elements similar to those used in this piece:
I've also got tons of random stuff in my studio that I thought might be useful in a larger piece like this. I pulled everything together and brought it down to Boston to see what would happen. So far it's been SO MUCH EASIER TO MOVE than most of the other things I've shown.
I gave myself a few days to install. Here's an early view:
Tough to see. It's wall-sized. Maybe you can see better if you click on it?
Here's what I ended up with:
There are things to like about both. I know if I did it on a different day I'd have come up with something else. I wished that I had made more of the elements: beads, flower lace, sheets of acrylic gel, pouffy things. I used what I had and I did the best I could under the circumstances. I think it looks pretty good.
I'll keep cranking this stuff out as time permits and also think about combining these elements differently. You know, group some together and not others, see what all of one kind looks like. I'll just experiment with different ways to use them. As time permits.
Here's a detail from above:
The opening is tonight and Pete's out of town. I hope some friends show up.