Back on April 30th I finally got a chance to deal with some of the butterfly bushes I ordered in March.
I rarely do before and after pictures of anything because I'm so embarrassed by the state of the before in the picture that I don't want to show anybody what it was like, I just want to fix it. It is nice, though, to have evidence of how far you've come I guess. So this time I thought I'd go for it.
Unfortunately all the batteries in all the cameras were dead. Fortunately my Flip camera was all charged up. So below you can view digital evidence of half-assed gardening in action:
If I were a fully-assed gardener I would have planned ahead and prepared this bed a year ago. Since that's now how I roll - I'm all about impulse plant purchases - I have to make it up as I go along. The landscaping fabric plus mulch might smother the weeds beneath them but it might not. If not, then the weeds could all make a beeline for the holes in the fabric around the plants and be even more competition for the poor little nursery-grown darlings. So this is an experiment.