Monday, May 12, 2008

Some Shows

Pete and I went to see Crowded House last Thursday right off the plane from Ireland. I've been listening to them for about twenty years yet I'd never gone to see them before. Another example of how I've been letting life come to me instead of going out to meet it myself I guess.

Usually we go to local rock shows with no budget and no ticket required. It's fun to go to a larger event from time to time. This one wasn't that large though. It was at the Somerville Theatre which seats 900 people. It's a great place to see a movie or a band.

Sometimes when you go to a larger show the crowd is waiting for the hits, they talk through the stuff they're less familiar with and they don't want to hear anything they've never heard before. This was not one of those crowds. It was as if everyone knew and loved every song. The band played a few new songs that haven't come out on albums yet and people really loved those too. It was kind of like a really big sing around the campfire event. I'd say it left everyone feeling pretty good. Even Pete who isn't particularly a fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am too a fan! Just not as hardcore as you...